NASECA-WI Virtual 18th Annual Conference
Jump to Section
The Annual Conference Evaluation with Certificates of Attendances were emailed on Feb. 18. If you haven’t received this message in either your inbox or spam folder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 10-11, 2021
Zoom waiting room opens at 8:00 AM
Virtual program begins at 8:30 AM
Overview of Event
Each year, NASECA-WI hosts the state’s largest event focused solely on erosion control and stormwater management. NASECA-WI strives to offer topics that enhance attendees professional development including a mix of regulatory topics, best management practices, project reviews, and other industry information.
Topics and Presenters
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Standard (1072) and SOC Recruiting, Mike Hackel, Homburg Contracting; Kate Brunner, Wisconsin Land & Water
- The Flooding of Oronto Creek- A Case Study, Rob Wright & Dave Wolmutt, Smith Group
- Natural Flood Management Solutions, Kyle Magyera, Wisconsin Wetlands Association
- Emergency Self-Certification for Great Lakes Erosion Control, Sarah Szabo, Wisconsin DNR
- Federal Highway Administration Hydraulic Toolbox, Ann-Marie Kirsch, AE2S
- Inlet Calculator- email email@example.com for your copy
- Neenah Filter
- Pollutant Trading Tools, John Panuska, UW-Madison/UW-Extension
- WisDOT Update- Post-Construction Stormwater, Hans Hallanger, Wisconsin DOT
- Emerging Invasive Species, Shahla Werner, Wisconsin DATCP
- Ethical Decision-Making Begins with Truth, Rick Kyte, UW-Platteville
Thursday, February 11, 2021
- WinSLAMM Program Updates, John Voorhees, PV & Associates/AECOM
- A Brief History of the City of Madison Watershed Study Program, Lauren Striegl, City of Madison
- WDNR Tech Standard- Proprietary Storm Water Filtration Devices (1010), Eric Rortvedt, Wisconsin DNR
- Underground Filtration Systems, Jake Brunoehler, ADS-Pipe
- Stormwater Outreach Aimed at Community Engagement, Christal Campbell, Dane Co.
- Green Infrastructure Done Right and for the Right Reasons, Vinicius Taguchi, St. Anthony Falls
- Madison’s First Permeable Street, Phil Gaebler, City of Madison
- GPS 101, Gale Shea, Seiler Instrument & Mfg Co., Inc
- Northeast Neighborhood Stormwater Management Design and Monitoring, Ryan Stenjem, Emmons & Olivier Resources
Or, download, print, and mail a copy of the registration form with payment by check or credit card.
Full Conference: $259
The Annual Conference:
- Offers 12 CE, which may apply toward PE requirements
- Includes 1 credit hour of professional conduct and ethics
- Offers CE which may be submitted for credit toward Wisconsin’s Department of Safety & Professional Services credentials including: Commercial Building Inspector, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier, Journeyman Plumber Restricted Service, Master Plumber Restricted Service, Utility Contractor, and UDC Construction Inspector.
- May provide up to 6 PDHs of Land Surveyor continuing education per day. Please keep a copy of the conference agenda and your certificate of attendance for self-reporting purposes.
NASECA-WI is happy to offer virtual sponsorship opportunities to help increase your company’s exposure at the 18th Annual Conference. Let approximately 200 attendees know that you support the educational programming that NASECA-WI offers. Sponsorship opportunity prices are varied to meet nearly any marketing budget.
Platinum Sponsor – $350
Platinum Sponsors receive a LIVE 10-Minute Virtual Presentation; your company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Gold Sponsor – $250
Gold Sponsors receive a LIVE 5-Minute Virtual Presentation; your company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Silver Sponsor – $150
Silver Sponsors receive a company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Your support helps keep registration costs low! 2020 Annual Conference attendees thought registration pricing was:
NASECA-WI’s 2020 Annual Conference attendees included:
Academic – 4
Consultant – 15
Contractor – 5
Ecologist – 2
Engineer – 113
Erosion Control Inspector – 14
Landscape Architect – 1
Manufacturer – 7
Non-Profit – 7
Supplier – 9
Utility – 9
Waste Management – 2
N/A – 20
Construction Company – 8
Engineering Firm – 84
Government Agency – 73
Products Distributor – 7
Products Manufacturer – 10
Utility – 9
Did not answer/Other – 34
Become a Presenter
Call for Presentations
Deadline January 14, 2021
NASECA-WI invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 18th Annual Conference, “Advancements in Stormwater and Erosion Control,” which will take place virtually on February 10-11, 2021. We encourage submissions of non-promotional abstracts related to projects and research in the areas of stormwater management and erosion control.
Why should you submit an abstract for presentation at the NASECA-WI Annual Conference?
Your peers will appreciate learning about your unique project, solutions to the obstacles you encountered, and overall success of your project.
Presenting is a great way to boost your resume as both a professional and thought-leader in the industry.
Showcasing the details of a successful project helps to gain positive exposure for your employer.
Receive a complimentary conference registration.
Submit your Abstract
Please provide the following information on a cover sheet when you submit your abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Author and co-author name (if applicable), affiliation, email address, and daytime phone
- Whether the abstract relates to the stormwater management or erosion control topic
- Presenter biography
- Presentation title
- Presentation abstract (no more than 1500 characters
Guidelines for Presentations
- Presentations will be 15 minutes each with an additional 5 minutes for question and answer.
- All presentations must be non-promotional in nature.
Abstract Review and Acceptance
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by NASECA-WI’s Annual Conference Planning Committee. The deadline for submitting abstracts is January 14, 2021. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by January 18, 2021.