NASECA-WI Virtual 18th Annual Conference
February 10-11, 2021
Zoom waiting room opens at 8:00 AM
Virtual program begins at 8:30 AM
Overview of Event
Each year, NASECA-WI hosts the state’s largest event focused solely on erosion control and stormwater management. NASECA-WI strives to offer topics that enhance attendees professional development including a mix of regulatory topics, best management practices, project reviews, and other industry information.
Topics and Presenters
Confirmed topics & presenters
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Tech Standard- Horizontal Drilling, Mike Hackel, Homburg Contracting
- Case Study- Saxon Harbor, Bayfield, WI, Rob Wright & Dave Wolmutt, Smith Group
- Self-Permit for Shoreline Erosion, Sarah Szabo, Wisconsin DNR
- Restoration of Wetlands & Floodplains, Kyle Magyera, Wisconsin Wetlands Association
- Emerging Invasive Species, Shahla Werner, Wisconsin DATCP
- BioChar, Michael Holly, UW-Green Bay
- Ethics, Rick Kyte, UW-Platteville
Thursday, February 11, 2021
- WinSLAMM, John Voorhees, PV & Associates/AECOM
- City of Madison Watershed Studies, Lauren Striegl, City of Madison
- GPS 101 – How to Get Righ Accuracy Results, Gale Shea, Seiler Instrument & Mfg Co., Inc
- Tech Standard- New Proprietary Filter, Eric Rortvedt, Wisconsin DNR
- Underground Filtration Systems, Jake Brunoehler, ADS-Pipe
- Stormwater Outreach Aimed at Community Engagement, Christal Campbell, Dane Co.
Campbell’s presentation on outreach programs at Dane County will focus on their plans to get people engaged in stormwater issues and solutions through programs such as Plant Dane, Storm Drain Murals, Leaf-free Streets and their Adopt a Storm Drain pilot.
- Stormwater and Social Equity, Vinicius Taguchi, St. Anthony Falls
- Permeable Pavement, Phil Gaebler, City of Madison
- Federal Highway Administration Hydraulic Toolbox, Ann-Marie Kirsch, Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.
Or, download, print, and mail a copy of the registration form with payment by check or credit card.
Full Conference: $259
The Annual Conference:
- Offers 12 CE, which may apply toward PE requirements
- Includes 1 credit hour of professional conduct and ethics
- Offers CE which may be submitted for credit toward Wisconsin’s Department of Safety & Professional Services credentials including: Commercial Building Inspector, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier, Journeyman Plumber Restricted Service, Master Plumber Restricted Service, Utility Contractor, and UDC Construction Inspector.
- May provide up to 6 PDHs of Land Surveyor continuing education per day. Please keep a copy of the conference agenda and your certificate of attendance for self-reporting purposes.
NASECA-WI is happy to offer virtual sponsorship opportunities to help increase your company’s exposure at the 18th Annual Conference. Let approximately 200 attendees know that you support the educational programming that NASECA-WI offers. Sponsorship opportunity prices are varied to meet nearly any marketing budget.
Platinum Sponsor – $350
Platinum Sponsors receive a LIVE 10-Minute Virtual Presentation; your company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Gold Sponsor – $250
Gold Sponsors receive a LIVE 5-Minute Virtual Presentation; your company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Silver Sponsor – $150
Silver Sponsors receive a company logo on the event webpage, in event email marketing, in welcome/break slides and the sponsor handout; social media mentions on Twitter and Facebook
Your support helps keep registration costs low! 2020 Annual Conference attendees thought registration pricing was:
NASECA-WI’s 2020 Annual Conference attendees included:
Academic – 4
Consultant – 15
Contractor – 5
Ecologist – 2
Engineer – 113
Erosion Control Inspector – 14
Landscape Architect – 1
Manufacturer – 7
Non-Profit – 7
Supplier – 9
Utility – 9
Waste Management – 2
N/A – 20
Construction Company – 8
Engineering Firm – 84
Government Agency – 73
Products Distributor – 7
Products Manufacturer – 10
Utility – 9
Did not answer/Other – 34
Become a Presenter
Call for Presentations
Deadline January 14, 2021
NASECA-WI invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 18th Annual Conference, “Advancements in Stormwater and Erosion Control,” which will take place virtually on February 10-11, 2021. We encourage submissions of non-promotional abstracts related to projects and research in the areas of stormwater management and erosion control.
Why should you submit an abstract for presentation at the NASECA-WI Annual Conference?
Your peers will appreciate learning about your unique project, solutions to the obstacles you encountered, and overall success of your project.
Presenting is a great way to boost your resume as both a professional and thought-leader in the industry.
Showcasing the details of a successful project helps to gain positive exposure for your employer.
Receive a complimentary conference registration.
Submit your Abstract
Please provide the following information on a cover sheet when you submit your abstract by email to email@example.com:
- Author and co-author name (if applicable), affiliation, email address, and daytime phone
- Whether the abstract relates to the stormwater management or erosion control topic
- Presenter biography
- Presentation title
- Presentation abstract (no more than 1500 characters
Guidelines for Presentations
- Presentations will be 15 minutes each with an additional 5 minutes for question and answer.
- All presentations must be non-promotional in nature.
Abstract Review and Acceptance
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by NASECA-WI’s Annual Conference Planning Committee. The deadline for submitting abstracts is January 14, 2021. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by January 18, 2021.