Ho-Chunk Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells
S3214 County Hwy BD, Baraboo, WI 53913
February 5, 2020 – Erosion Control Focus:
Breakfast and Registration: 8:00 AM
February 6, 2020 – Stormwater Management Focus
Breakfast and Registration: 8:00 AM
Overview of Event
Each year, typically in early February, NASECA-WI hosts the state’s largest event focused solely on erosion control and stormwater management. This two-day conference is divided into an erosion & sediment control focus (day 1) and a stormwater focus (day 2) so you can attend one day or both to suit your interests. NASECA-WI strives to offer topics that enhance attendees professional development including a mix of regulatory topics, best management practices, project reviews, and other industry information. We are excited to offer a trade show component to the annual conference in order to give attendees the opportunity to learn more about the products and services they use every day. The Annual Conference & Trade Show offers up to 10 CE for full conference registration, which may apply toward PE requirements, in addition to 1 credit hour of professional conduct and ethics. Continuing education offered may be submitted for credit toward Wisconsin’s Department of Safety & Professional Services credentials including: Commercial Building Inspector, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier, Journeyman Plumber Restricted Service, Master Plumber Restricted Service, Utility Contractor, and UDC Construction Inspector. The NASECA-WI Annual Conference & Trade Show may provide up to 6 PDH’s of Land Surveyor continuing education per day. Please keep a copy of the conference agenda and your certificate of attendance for self-reporting purposes.
Or, download, print, and mail a copy of the registration form with payment by check.
Full Conference: $295/$275 member
One Day: $195/$175 member
Hurry! Room block closes Jan. 24! Stay and play under one roof! Ho-Chunk Hotel gives you indoor access to the Annual Conference, great restaurants, workout facilities, casino and pool. To book a room at NASECA-WI’s discounted rate of $89/night, call 1-800-746-2486 and reference the NASECA-WI room block or room block ID# 10484.
Topics and Presenters
Attendees: Please log in and return to this page to view presentations.
- DNR’s EnviroCheck Program – Jennifer Feyerherm, DNR
- Improving Flood Resiliency in the Yahara Chain of Lakes – Theresa Nelson & John Reimer, Dane County Land & Water Resources
- Using Pre-Vegetated Blankets to Achieve Instant Results – Robert Livingston, Greenline Synergy
- Practical Invasive Species BMPs for Stormwater Management and Construction Sites – Clay Frazer, Eco-Resource Consulting
- Construction and Erosion Control – Jennifer Hildebrand, PE Services
- Ethical Decisions in High Stakes Decision Making – Rick Kyte, Viterbo University
- FoxConn Erosion Control- History and Challenges – Pete Wood, DNR
- WinSLAMM – John Voorhees, AECOM
- Winterizing Your Construction Site – Greg Fries and Chris Homburg, Homburg Contractors Inc.
- Stormwater Basin Successes and Failures – Jay Settersten, SetterTech Natural Environment Technologies and Jeremy Balousek, Dane County Land and Water Resources
- Long Term Successes for Stormwater and Lake Water Quality Improvement for the City of Cumberland – Derek Lash and Jay Michels, EOR; Tom Schroeder, Beaver Dam Lake
- DNR Tech Standards – Eric Rortvedt, DNR
- Fond du Lac River Ice Dams—a Perfect Storm – Jordan Skiff, City of Fond du Lac
- Leaf Management and Tree Canopy – Bill Selbig, U.S. Geological Survey
- Incorporating Climate Change into Rainfall Statistics for Stormwater and Infrastructure Design – Daniel Wright, PhD, University of Wisconsin
- The Great Flood of 2018 and How it Affected the Highway System – John Steiner, DOT
2020 Trade Show/Event Details
NASECA-WI Annual Conference & Trade Show
“Advancements in Stormwater and Erosion Control”
Dates: February 5-6, 2020
Location: Ho-Chunk Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells, WI
Reach over 200 professionals with your product or service information at NASECA-WI’s Annual Conference & Trade Show, Wisconsin’s largest event solely focused on erosion control and stormwater management.
Our attendees want to know more about your products and services! Approximately 90% of 2017 attendees thought exhibits offered valuable information and enhanced their Conference & Trade Show experience. In 2018, 72% of attendees indicated that they specify or purchase erosion/storm water products. You’ll have five unopposed exhibit hours to reach them- don’t miss out!
What is a Platinum Exhibitor?
In addition to the benefits found at left, Platinum Exhibitors also have the opportunity to reach the audience with a 10 minute presentation which may be commercial/educational in nature. As you will read below, attendees have found past presentations very valuable.
Interested in becoming a Platinum Exhibitor? These opportunities go fast, so reserve your sponsorship today!
NASECA-WI is happy to offer additional sponsorship opportunities to help increase your company’s exposure at the 16th Annual Conference. Let approximately 200 attendees know that you support the education programming that NASECA-WI offers. Sponsorship opportunity prices are varied to meet nearly any marketing budget.
Be the first to welcome NASECA-WI attendees to the 16th Annual Conference! We will include your color logo on a 24” x 36” sign inside the entrance of Ho-Chunk with directions to hotel registration and the Annual Conference General Sessions. Only one sponsorship opportunity left!
Table Top Cell Phone Charging Station
Who doesn’t find themselves in need of a cell phone or computer charge at the most inconvenient time? Our attendees will appreciate being able to charge up to 10 cell phones and tablets at the device charging station located in a prime location where attendees will see your logo prominently displayed. One sponsorship opportunity available.
Make a long-lasting impression on our attendees when they reuse these folders over and over again. Attendees will receive these program folders that include your 1-color logo and NASECA-WI logo at registration. Three sponsorship opportunities available.
Click Register to view prices
Sponsor and Exhibitor Benefits
Annual Conference Sponsor
- Company name and logo on printed material, slides, and signage, email marketing, and NASECA’s event web page
- Twitter call-out
- All of the above
- 10′ exhibit space with 6′ draped exhibit table
- All of the above
- 10 minute presentation opportunity
Click Register to view prices
Your support helps keep registration costs low! 2018 Conference attendees thought registration pricing was:
NASECA-WI’s 2018 Annual Conference attendees included:
Academic – 1
Consultant – 32
Contractor – 7
Engineer – 73
Erosion Control Inspector – 6
Government Agency – 40
Landscape Architect – 1
Manufacturer – 11
Non-Profit – 3
Supplier – 8
Utility Company – 8
Become a Presenter
Call for Presentations
Deadline January 4, 2020
NASECA-WI invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 17th Annual Conference, “Advancements in Stormwater and Erosion Control,” which will take place in Wisconsin Dells, WI, February 5-6, 2020. We encourage submissions of abstracts related to projects and research in the areas of stormwater management and erosion control.
Why should you submit an abstract for a presentation at the NASECA-WI Annual Conference?
Your peers will appreciate learning about your unique project, solutions to the obstacles you encountered, and overall success of your project.
Presenting is a great way to boost your resume as both a professional and thought-leader in the industry.
Showcasing the details of a successful project helps to gain positive exposure for your employer.
Receive a complimentary conference registration.
Submit your Abstract
Please provide the following information on a cover sheet when you submit your abstract by email to email@example.com:
- Author and co-author name (if applicable), affiliation, email address, and daytime phone
- Whether the abstract relates to the stormwater management or erosion control topic
- Presenter biography
- Presentation title
- Presentation abstract (no more than 1500 characters)
Guidelines for Presentations
- Presentations will be 15 minutes each with an additional 5 minutes for question and answer.
- All presentations must be non-commercial in nature.
Abstract Review and Acceptance
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by NASECA-WI’s Annual Conference Planning Committee. The deadline for submitting abstracts is January 4, 2020. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by January 10, 2020.